6 Awesome V2 Features & What We Are Working On Next!
1) In V1, you could collect and act on the live responses for a single learning activity. In V2, we've now added a new tracker which allows you track student growth on standards you tag to questions and based on overall scores. This really takes Formative to the next level and can help you to teach responsively across learning units! The tracker automatically populates based on scores you give students and you can use the averages to help determine what you need to focus on with the entire class, small groups, and individual students!
2) While you were using V1, did you ever find yourself clicking into a formative and wishing there was a quicker way to find out what you had currently assigned? Now in V2, you can see EVERYTHING you've assigned, right from your dashboard! You can even click on one of the tags (representing a class) to see their responses for that formative!
3) After students submit a formative, you can now make it so that it automatically locks, returns scores, and/or returns correct answers as well. This is super helpful since students progress at different paces and need feedback as well as extension activities at different times! Hey student-paced learning! Oh and returning correct answers is new too! It's great for helping students self-assess!
4) Creating and managing classes is now easier than ever! From your teacher account, you can create student accounts (no student emails necessary) to add directly to classes, you can view login information, and also reset passwords as well! You can also import classes from Google Classroom too!
5) We want to make a lot of features that will allow you to do things quicker with Formative! One awesome thing you'll notice on your dashboard is the ability to select multiple formatives and take action! Copying multiple formatives is useful if you are differentiating formatives and displaying the share links for multiple formatives makes it much for efficient to collaborate with your colleagues! And with all this, you can now move things in and out of folders! How cool is that?
6) And finally, we've added a new progress bar on the student side so they can see which questions they've responded to as they take a formative. If you return scores (instantly, after students submit, or after the session ends), it becomes color-coded to reflect their scores for each question as well! This feature can help students self-pace their learning!
Over the next few weeks, we are working on...
- adding MANY standards sets for growth tracking (message us to request the one's you use so we can try to prioritize them)
- folder share codes/links
- options to sort responses by things like score, name, and last response
- adding question details (point values, correct answers) on the Live Results page
- a new premium Dropdown question type
- a new premium Graphing question type (in collaboration with Desmos)
Last, but not least!
Do you want to build relationships with other Formative Educators and do even more amazing things with Formative? Good news! We are working on building a tight-knit community on a platform like Facebook or Google! If you would like to help pioneer it, please apply below!